We’ve been tagged by our new friend, Fay http://www.countrylivinblog.com/. Our charge: to reveal seven quirky (and previously unknown) things about us. Ari and I have been talking it over, and we’ve decided that we’ll share the task. Here’s what we’ve come up with so far:
1. Most of you know that Ari’s father is a rescue husky. Her mom is a Jindo, a little-known breed in the U.S. that is actually deemed a cultural monument in their native Korea.
2. In honor of Ari’s mixed lineage, we named her “Mitten” in Korean: Bung Ari Jan Gab. Literally translated, that means “glove without fingers.” So in other words, Ari’s name is “Without.” I love the postmodernism inherent in this name; she could care less. She just knows she's either in trouble or about to get to do something fun.
3. We're both die-hard foodies. Ari’s biggest weakness is slightly-aged fox scat. Mine is samosas with cilantro sauce. We both agree the best thing to ever grow on a tree is an avocado.
4. Even though we both act like Mouse, our rescue cat, really bothers us, we secretly love it when she curls up and sleeps next to either of us.
5. We failed our first “basic behaviors” class because I forgot to make us practice. This thrilled the unruly caninaturalist.
6. Ari is afraid of things that go bump in the night. A lot of the time, I am too.
7. We both have tattoos.
Quirky? You be the judge. Now, though, you can claim you know seven of our deepest, darkest secrets. Okay, maybe not really. We’ll save those for another post.
As per Fay’s instructions, our job is now to tag seven friends. We’re going to borrow a page from the venerable Marigold, goat philosopher, and issue a general tag to our readers in the hopes that seven of you will respond. If you do, just follow these simple rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
We’ll stop by and see what you’ve decided to reveal about yourselves. Hope you play!